Do I Qualify for Bariatric Surgery?
For a qualifying bariatric surgery candidate, the benefit of weight loss surgery may be dramatic. If you’re suffering from severe obesity and related health conditions, we want to help you get on the track to better health and regain your quality of life.
Bariatric surgery candidates should be:
- 18 years or older
- Morbidly obese (100 pounds or more overweight with a BMI of 40 or more)
- Obese with associated complications (a BMI of 35 or more with serious co-morbidities such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease)
- Experiencing personal or occupational problems due to obesity
- Willing to undergo a psychological evaluation and counseling that may be required by your health insurance plan
- Able to commit to long-term, follow-up care, as well as the rigorous, lifelong changes in eating, exercise and lifestyle habits that will be necessary to meet and maintain your weight loss and health goals after surgery
- Unsuccessful at losing weight through a structured, medical weight loss program that includes diet, exercise and lifestyle changes